Business and Site Selector Information
The Department of Workforce Services would like to connect employers and site selectors with information about Utah’s employment situation and labor force.
|Unemployment Rate||Payroll Job Change|
|State of Utah||3.1%||2.9%|
Utah’s nonfarm payroll employment for January 2018 grew by an estimated 2.9 percent, adding 41,300 jobs to the economy since January 2017. Utah’s current employment level registers 1,473,300.
Labor Force and Firm Level Data
Labor Force Profiles
- Use this interactive data tool to see the unique characteristics of each county's labor force. The profiles included detailed information on age distribution, educational characteristics, commuting patterns, occupational wages by industry, and more.
Find Industry Specific
Labor Force Data
- Filter by county and industry to explore detailed information regarding industry employment shares, age & gender distributions, average earnings, race & ethnicity trends, projected occupational openings, and more.
Find Employers in Your
Area by Industry and Size
- Search for firms by industry, occupation, firm name, or largest firms and/or filter by county to get a list of employers and their respective information including address, phone number, and employment range.
View Employment and
- Choose a county or year to view a downloadable table of monthly labor force components including total labor force, employment, unemployment, and the unemployment rate.
Compare Your Company
to the EEO Tabulation
- These data serve as the primary external benchmark for comparing the race, ethnicity, and sex composition of an organization's internal workforce, and the analogous external labor market, within a specified geography and job category.
Estimate the Number of
Job Seekers in Your Area
- These data capture job seekers who are actively using DWS services to find work in each county. They do not represent the total potential labor pool. Use the chart at the bottom of the page to see the monthly trend over the last two years.
Economic Performance Data
Track Quarterly Data on
- Select your county from the drop-down on the right to view a an economic profile including trends in employment, unemployment, wages, construction, taxable sales, and detailed industry employment data
Follow Trends in the Macro Economy
- Keep tabs on the pulse of broad economic performance by tracking this collection of indicators which includes composite indexes, leading & coincident indicators, and prices. Each chart has a description of what the data represent and how it may be useful.
See How Industries
are Expected to Grow
- Use this visualization to find projected growth of employment in your region. Further detail includes the projected levels and rates of employment growth by industry and region. These projections cover the ten year period from 2014 to 2024
- Select a county and time period to open a table of industry data including employment, wages, payroll, and establishments. Click on the plus signs to expand detail, and click on the industry titles to see a time-series chart and historical data tables.
Review Utah's current employment and unemployment.
View local economic profiles and read in-depth analysis.
Browse a wealth of Utah economic data by category.