DWS Training Assistance
We help with training or related expenses to individuals age 14 and up who are seeking their high school diploma, GED, ESL certificate or certificates and degrees with a specific career in mind.
Once approved, DWS will send you a prepaid Visa called a UCard. You will make all purchases using this card. You can view your card balances and review the fee schedule and brochure.
Schools and Programs
Depending on the type of funds you receive, there may be restrictions on your program of study and the school that you attend.
To find approved schools for adult high school or GED preparation, ESL, tutoring or other basic education, refer to the Basic Education Approved Training Provider List.
To find approved schools for training in a specific occupation or degree, refer to the Occupational Skills Approved Training Provider List.
WIA Youth Program
The Workforce Investment Act Youth Program helps eligible 14- to 21-year-olds with career planning and success. Available services include:
- Help with staying in school, learning better study skills, tutoring
- Opportunities for alternative school services
- Summer jobs that link what you learn in school to your career plans
- Work experience at real businesses
- Financial help to go to postsecondary school
- Leadership opportunities
- Mentoring from adults who care about your success
- Support with transportation, child care, tools, uniforms, etc.
- Guidance counseling and substance abuse prevention and treatment
- Incentives (money) for setting and achieving goals
- Follow-up services
- Youth Career Planning
Find your local WIA Youth Provider for more information.
If you are a school, college, university or individual and want to train DWS customers you must first be approved by DWS.
- Application to provide training in a specific occupation or degree
- Application to provide training in adult high school and GED preparation, English as a second language, youth tutoring or other basic education.
Training Providers can access reports on amounts students have paid and amounts they are expected to pay. You will need your provider number.
Youth Partner Resources
Fill out this form to make a referral to DWS for a potentially eligible WIA youth.