Federal Bonding Program
Job applicants seeking bonding should apply in person at their local DWS office
The Federal Bonding Program is a successful and unique job placement tool for at-risk job applicants. At no cost to the job applicant or employer, the program offers fidelity bonds to insure employers against any type of theft, forgery, larceny or embezzlement.
- Any public, private, government or community-based organization may participate
- Upon hire, bonded job applicants must work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Bonds are issued, at no cost, directly to the employer for qualifying job applicants.
- Bonds are issued in increments of $5,000 for a period of six months up to a maximum of $25,000.
- Employers must be current with Unemployment Insurance reports and contributions.
- Employers will need to provide their FEIN and UI ID to DWS.
- DWS will handle all paperwork for the bond
The program serves:
- welfare recipients
- individuals with a history of substance abuse
- individuals who have been dishonorably discharged
- disadvantaged youth
- others with barriers to employment