Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program
MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PAY YOU FULL GAS AND ELECTRIC BILLS EACH MONTH.
BE AGGRESSIVE ABOUT ENERGY USE IN YOUR HOME BY FOLLOWING THESE TIPS:
- Change your furnace filter every 2-3 months.
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Use a microwave instead of a stove.
- Buy ENERGY STAR appliances and equipment.
- Set water heaters on medium.
- Install low-flow shower heads.
- Turn off lights, computer, monitors, video game consoles and TV’s when not in use.
- Unplugging your devices when not in use eliminates energy loss--or use a power strip!
- It takes less energy to reheat or recool your home when you get back than to leave it running while you are gone.
- Set thermostat to 68-72 degrees.
- Set thermostat to 55 degrees when away.
- Open blinds to let in the sun.
- Close blinds when it is dark to keep the heat in.
- Wear warm clothes.
- Set air conditioner to 78-82 degrees.
- Set air conditioner to at least 85 degrees when away.
- Turn off air conditioner and open windows at night to let the cool air in.
FOR HELP SAVING ENERGY CONTACT:
2-1-1 or 801-468-0107