Qualified Emergency Food Agencies Fund
The Qualified Emergency Food Agencies Fund (QEFAF) is a special fund created by the Utah State Legislature and funded by certain state sales and use tax revenues. Funds available under this program are designated for qualified emergency food agencies with Utah.
A qualified emergency food agency is an organization that is a) exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c),(3), Internal Revenue Code or b) an association of governments; or c) a food pantry operated by a municipality located within the state, which as part of its activities operates a program that has the primary purpose to distribute food and food ingredients directly to low-income persons or to warehouse and distribute food to other agencies and organizations providing food and food ingredients to low-income persons.
Eligible activities- distributions received from Qualified Emergency Food Agencies Fund must be expended by the qualified agency only for the purpose related to:
- Warehousing food and food ingredients
- Distributing food and food ingredients to other agencies and organizations providing food and food ingredients to low-income persons
- Providing food and food ingredients directly to low-income persons.
Agencies involved in the above activities are encouraged to apply. Contact the State Community Services Office at 801-468-0107 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP): Due to reduced requests for QEFAF funds in the past several years, the program is undergoing changes and some funding is being made available to qualified agencies through a one-time competitive grant. See the links below for the complete RFP, including funding priorities, and the RFP scoresheet that will be used to rate and rank applications. Contact the State Community Services Office at 801-468-0107 or email@example.com for more information.
Proposals must be received in our office by midnight on October 1, 2017.
- State Community Services Office
- Contact Us
- Community Services Block Grant
- Critical Needs Housing
- Emergency Food Network
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- Pamela Atkinson Homeless Trust Fund
- Qualified Emergency Food Agencies Fund
- Shelter Plus Care
- Housing Opportunities for People with Aids
- Homeless Management Information System
- Homeless Prevention Rapid Re-Housing & Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Earned Income Tax Credit Education
- Applying for Funding
- Grant Reimbursement Process
- Link/Other Resources
- Public Information
- Environmental Review