Olene Walker Housing Loan Fund
Energy Efficient Tips
SAVE 10-20% ON YOUR UTILITY BILLS
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs
- Use a microwave instead of the stove
- Buy ENERGY STAR appliances and equipment
- Set water heaters at 110 degrees (just use medium)
- Take a short shower; install a low-flow showerhead
- Turn off lights, computer, monitor, and TV when you leave the room
- Change your furnace filter regularly
IT TAKES LESS ENERGY TO REHEAT OR RE-COOL YOUR HOME WHEN YOU GET BACK THAN TO LEAVE IT RUNNING WHILE
- Set thermostat to 68-72 degrees, set to 55 degrees when you're gone.
- Open blinds to let in the sun, close at night to keep in the heat.
- Wear sweaters and warm clothes.
- Set air-conditioner to 78-82 degrees, set to 85-90 degrees when you're gone.
- Turn off airconditioner and open the windows at night to let cool air in.
- Plant trees on the sunny side of your home.
CALL 801-538-4798 FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Links about Energy Efficiency
- Energy Let's Save It
- Vampire Power Awareness from iGo
- The Animals Save the Planet - Energy Efficient Pengiun
- Electricity Vampires - TAKE A BITE OUT OF YOUR BILL