New Family Provider Grant
|Grant Title:||New Family Provider Grant|
|Funding Source:||Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDF), CFDA# 93.575|
|Maximum Award Amount:||TBD|
|Expected Number of Awards:||Unknown|
|Estimated Total Program Funding:||Unknown|
|Application Deadline:||May 12, 2016, 5:00 p.m.|
|Program Start Date:||TBD|
|Program End Date:||TBD|
|Contact Information:||Vickie Beckervbecker@utah.gov|
The Department of Workforce Services (DWS), Office of Child Care (OCC) is releasing a non-competitive grant to improve the quality of care provided by licensed family child care programs that were not operating prior to October 1, 2013. Applicants must meet the qualifications listed below under “Eligibility Requirements” and submit a complete application in accordance with this RFGA to be considered for a grant. Grant money may be used to purchase equipment, learning materials, better prepare for emergencies, and acquire informational resources on children and families.
Who May Apply:
Applicants MUST meet all of the following requirements in order to qualify for this grant:
- A family child care provider holding a current child care license issued by the Utah Department of Health, Child Care Licensing and not in operation before October 1, 2013 (NOTE: Only one grant per license/tax ID is allowed);
- Currently providing full-time child care to children, year round on a daily basis;
Applicants who may not apply:
- Family child care programs currently suspended from grant eligibility, due to failure to perform under the terms and conditions of a prior grant administered by the Office of Child Care or its predecessor, the Office of Work and Family Life.
- Family child care programs with a conditional license.
- Family child care programs that were operating prior to October 1, 2013.
- Family child care programs that are receiving the Rural Provider Quality Improvement grant released in February 2016.
Questions & Answers