Parent/Caretaker Relatives (PCR)
Covers a parent or relative by blood, adoption or marriage of a dependent child who assumes primary responsibility for the child's care.
How to Qualify:
- The individual must be a US citizen or qualified alien.
- The individual must meet Utah residency requirements.
- There must be a dependent child in the household.
- The child must be deprived of parental support.
- The household income is below the income limit.
- There is no asset test.
*Both parents or both non-parent caretaker relatives can be included in the medical coverage.
If you receive Parent/Caretaker Relative and your income goes over the income limit, you may be able to get more months of Medicaid: up to 4 months if the income increase was caused by spousal support and up to 12 months if it was caused by earned income.