Temporary Change Child Care
Parents currently receiving Employment Support Child Care (ESCC) who are experiencing temporary employment or household changes may be eligible for continued assistance for up to three consecutive months. Allowing continuity of care for a child when a parent is going through a temporary crisis or household change is important for healthy child development.
- Must have received Employment Support Child Care and met the minimum work requirement in the month prior to or the month of the change.
- Parents experiencing any of the following temporary changes may be eligible when their employment or household circumstances are expected to last three months or less: a reduction in work hours under the minimum requirement; maternity or medical leave of absence from work; a seasonal break in employment or training. DWS will determine if a customer's temporary change situation is allowable based on policy.
- DWS will inform the parent of their possible eligibility for temporary change child care after receiving a reported change that affects their eligibility for ESCC.
- The parent must submit verification of the change, contact DWS to request temporary change assistance, and indicate they will continue to use child care services during the temporary change period.
- Changes may be reported on jobs.utah.gov/mycase or by contacting us at (801) 526-0950 or toll free at (866)435-7414.
- Meet all other child care program eligibility requirements.