You will receive a plastic card with a magnetic strip (like the one on a credit or debit card) in the mail, which you can use to connect with your cash, food and/or child care assistance. If you are homeless or have no mailing address, your card will be sent to a post office near you marked for General Delivery.
Along with this Horizon or Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, you will receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that protects your account from being used by someone else.
Keep your PIN secret and do not write it down on the card or card sleeve. Without the PIN, nobody else can use your card.
Keep your Horizon card even if your case closes. This will save you time if you apply again for help in the future, as you won't have to wait for a new card to be mailed to you.
Call the Horizon Card Helpdesk at (800) 997-4444 if:
- Someone knows your PIN without your OK
- You need to change your PIN number
- You have questions on how to use your card
- Your card is not working
- Your card is lost or stolen
- You need a replacement card
- You need to check your balance
- The ATM doesn’t give you the correct amount of money
The Helpdesk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.