The Utah Aerospace Pathways program is a faster way to get the training and experience needed for entry into an exciting and growing industry - working in aerospace as a composite technician, assembler, machinist, inspector and more. The average salary in the aerospace industry is approximately $68,000, plus benefits.
By completing the program, students receive an Aerospace Manufacturing Certificate that allows them to apply for a job with the partner companies, including Boeing, Hexcel, Albany Engineered Composites (formerly Harris), Janicki, Orbital ATK and Hill Air Force Base. After being employed for one of these companies for one year, employees are eligible for educational benefits to go back to school for additional training.
Participants in the program must be at least 18 years old and meet the following requirements:
- Eligible to work in the U.S. (U.S. Citizen or
- Pass a drug test
- Pass a background check
- Have a valid government issued ID
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Complete TABE Test — 10th grade Math and
Reading level required to begin
- Complete DWS Work Success Program
- Complete Work Keys Assessments — applied mathematics, locating information, reading
To apply for the program, applicants must complete each of the following steps:
1. Contact Rosie Summerhayes at (801) 957-3332 or (801) 957-3267
2. Contact Dave Cote at (801) 903-7969
- Complete TABE Test at SLCC, South City Campus 1575 S. State St.
- Complete Work Keys Assessment
- Complete DWS Work Success at the SLCC
Meadowbrook Campus, 250 S. 3900 S.